Supported Platforms and Requirements
FEMtools is available in native versions for Windows and Linux.
All versions are functionally identical with a uniform user interface (GUI) on every supported platform. To ensure optimal performance, all versions are native ports of a common source code.
The current version of FEMtools is supported on the following operating systems:
- Window 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (64-bit)
- Linux 64-bit (RHEL 6+, CentOS 6+,...)
For legacy versions, check here.
- Minimum 500 MB free hard disk space
- Minimum 4 GB RAM
- A graphics card that supports OpenGL. The graphics performance will be better if the graphics card supports hardware accelerated OpenGL
- A CD-ROM drive or Internet connection for installation from CD or electronic delivery respectively
- A USB port (for nodelocked license option using dongle or installation from USB flash drive))
- A TCP/IP connection to a license server (for network license option)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader or similar (for reading PDF documentation)